Didn’t know jogging in a small neighborhood park will let me encounter so many different types of unfathomable human behavior, the most glaring is inconsideration…groups of people sitting on the exercise equipments and chit chatting, even though there are people in sports gear waiting to use the equipments -_-
The worst and which gets on my nerves are those who stand in the middle of the tiny running track, talking and blocking any space available, even when they see you running towards them and tried to keep to one side... can you imagine joggers who are running at a certain tempo, perspiring, heart pumping, trying to slow down and keep to one side but the "living in their own world" people just stand in the middle refusing to budge and totally oblivious to stand aside for just a second?
Recently there was this group of 5 to 6 teenagers, walking and joking and having fun on the track.. 2 or 3 of them were walking side by side on the tiny track, ok fine, never mind, I slowed down, kept to one side behind them. I made my presence felt and because I run and don't "float", I think there's sounds from my footsteps -_- I said excuse me, one girl stepped aside, thank you I said, then the few in front who's living in their own world just didn't move their butt to the side, I couldn't slow down anymore cos I didn't want to lose my momentum, I couldn't speak much more cos I was trying to catch my breathe..
So I decided, why should I always be the one to "siam" to the side? they knew I'm there but with their inconsiderate attitude, they couldn't care less, so I kept running & keeping to the side and I knew I would bump into those in front who block the width of the track totally.. *THUD!* our shoulders clashed, "OUCH" the teenager screamed, I felt pain too but I didn't make a sound and continue running, I heard grumblings at the back, and I turn back and said "if you don't want to be knocked, then have the courtesy to keep to one side" SHIOK man ! *_*
Well, these young kids should really wake up and stop fantasizing that they have the freedom to do whatever they want and be oblivious to the people living in the same planet as them, next time as they grow up, it might not be just a clash of shoulders from a normal jogger like me, but in the adult world, the knocks could be harder to take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wait you kanna chased several streets down your HDB Flat and beat up badly by gangster gals then u know ah... Dun anyhow pray pray...
at most I run loh, since I was already jogging at tat time :> hopefully, the golden retriever which I always see at the park will save me if I was attacked haha
Post a Comment