Monday, December 3, 2007

A&E

I have to salute my brave sis.. her leg was terribly bruised and swollen since her operation but she gritted her teeth and I never hear any groans from her, so when tonight she broke down and cried as the pain is too unbearable for her, my heart was in pain for her. It didn't help that she cannot take the painkillers as they cause her to have fast and irregular heart beat.. so we made the decision to bring her to A&E around midnight.

We were quite shock to hear that some of the things the nurses at the hospital ward told us to do were in fact not the correct way to do it, sis was asked to elevate her leg while sleeping so that the blood circulation will flow, however, she was also asked to wear the compression socks. But in doing so, according to the A&E doc, the blood will not be able to flow back properly and that's why the swelling at the foot didn't get any better..argh...how could this happen and poor sis, she was made to suffer for so many days just because of this :(

Thankfully, the swelling begins to subside after we followed the A&E doctor's advice..and the painkillers were changed ..or else, I think I'm gonna blow up and storm the hospital ward :(

No comments: