Friday, July 11, 2008

renovation

Thanks to the chinese medi, I've recovered and just in time to be busy with our house renovation thingy which will last about 10 days.. took leave this week (8/7 to 11/7) to help out as I couldn't take leave the following week..

We started with workers removing the huge old display cabinets, then the electrician got to shift some power points, change our lights etc, then there's also the painting of the house which took up 3 to 4 days to complete. The new simple furnitures like tv console and cupboards were fixed in after the paint work.

It was very tiring during these few days as everyday, after the workers had knocked off, we had to clean up the house, because the house was very dusty.. for those of us who had to go back to work, it was like working 2 shifts in a day..

After a few days, my back was aching, fingers were sore and also had some rashes on the body as I've got sensitive skin, but the worst isn't this, it had to be mum's nagging and at times unreasonable demands.. but I'm keeping it cool, I know its difficult, busy and tiring for the family, hopefully 10 days will be over soon and I'm looking forward to our "new" house :)

No comments: