Just ran around around the neighbourhood 8 times. I think one round is slightly more then 1km, might be 1.2 to 1.3, by conservative measure, it is definitely at least 1km, so which means I have done a 8 to 10km tonight.
I am happy, and it feels really good that I insisted to complete it. As expected, it was really tough..
I always find it difficult for the first one & half round, like the whole body is heavy and can hardly lift off, subsequently once I get into a momentum, it is okie. After I finished the usual 4 rounds, the watch showed 40mins, well its still the same timing, not that I have improved in any way. But I thought I could push on and complete another 4 rounds and lets see how it goes.
And so I ran, 5th round is my peak, constant and feeling fine, then the 6th I gritted my teeth. I'm smiling, that's it gal :)
The smile's gone by 7th round though...damn, the legs were wobbly and I'm slowing down. My face was so hot and I'm soaked in sweat. I could hardly feel my legs were mine. Was it my hips carrying my legs, or the legs carrying my hips, or whatever is carrying me through, I couldn't feel it and I was drained.
8th round, I could hardly lift my legs, its more like a slow jog then a burst for the finishing line. I knew it's the last one and I'm reaching home but it seemed very far .. argh
And when I reached, what a relief ! Clocked 1 hr 25 mins... as told by my colleague who runs 10km regularly, for a starter, if one can keep to 8min per km, then 10km should take around 1 hr 20 min.. so I think I'm about there? hopefully I can keep this up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment