Its been 2 and half weeks since I last jogged.. 4 days course, fever, cough and cover duties at work didn't help.. thanks to the bitter chinese medicine again, cough is cleared and have to start running and prepare for the 10km run this Sunday..
I lost abt 1.5kg during this past 2 weeks and felt very weak, the first 2.5km was bad, in fact, I felt totally drained as I ran the last km.. I couldn't do my best timing of 35min for 5km, so its the usual 40min to complete around 5km -_- not disastrous, no improvement but thank god I'm still able to run, albeit the feeling of tiredness, lack of stamina and muscle strength...
But, the big question mark is how am I going to complete the double of 5km at one shot by running on an empty tank?
Fleeting thoughts of giving up and wait until next year for my first long distance race keep surfacing as I struggle to cope with many things.. I'll have negative thoughts like maybe I'll drop out during the race or worse still, collapse and run my last race *touch wood* ? sigh..
I'm trying my best to be positive and get myself physically ready for the race.. If mental strength is the ingredient, then I think I should need to stock up tons of it on Sunday..
Bless me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment