Sunday, October 26, 2008

184 times -10km


I have made it ! Completed my 10km run this morning hehe :)

The night before gave me a fright though. I went to bed early at 10pm but was in a bad mood because the laptop was giving me problems
:(

I was tossing and turning in bed and didn't fall asleep until a few hours later. I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself having runny nose, argh.. if it persisted, I'll have to miss the run..

So I have to quickly stop it from worsening. I turned off the air-con, drank warm water, took some vitamin C and half of a flu tablet, I even applied some Vicks on the bottom of my feet as I heard its a good cure for stopping flu and cough..what's next was just to go back to sleep and hope for the best...

By 4.30am, I woke up to get ready and took my breakfast, there's no more sneezing but was a bit tired.. sigh, but I felt I could go on, so I left the house and met up with Carina and Ivy at 6.30am...

We were very excited as we gathered at the starting point in Esplanade area.. then at 7.30am, the race started and we were off in attempt of finishing this challenge..

I wonder if its due to first time jitters or because I wasn't in good condition.. I started really poorly, the more I wanna run faster, the more I fell back in the pack.. sigh, I took really long to finish the first 2km and I knew this wasn't going to be my day :(
there was also the never ending up slopes during the middle part of the route.. I struggled and slowed down significantly.. God, just let me finish the run and I'll be thankful enough -_-

I wonder how pple can still gather enough strength to dash for the finishing line hehe anyway, I think I looked horrendous when I was running the last km, sweating, out of breathe and face twisted in pain >.< but it was all worth it when I held the finisher medal in my hands , yeah ! :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Ting!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
asingaporeanson said...

Pink toilet bowl :D

asingaporeanson said...

Pink toiletbowl :D