Finally, I’ve started on the first 2 chapters of Harry Potter,no, its not the Deathly Hallows, but the Philosopher’s Stone :P I know I’m a super super late bloomer, but at least I’ve started to read storybooks again :>
Last week, I watched the Order Of The Phoenix, it was great, Harry taking on the role of a reluctant leader and losing his godfather Sirus Black at the end only makes me admire the “boy who lived” more..after the movie, sis was really excited and bought the Potter books, hopefully by the next movie “Half-Blood Prince”, I’ll be able to finish the 1st 6 books *cross my fingers*
For the first few Harry Potter movies, what I saw then was just a tiny cute little boy Daniel Radcliffe in a children’s “fantasy theme ” movie, LOTR was THE ONLY REAL THING (it is still the best movie trilogy :>) but after following Harry Potter through the years and watching the 3 kids, Harry, Ron and Hermione becoming teenagers, I started to love the characters.. the kids grew so did the movies, the feel about each movie is getting darker, the responsibilities, confusion, fight against evil, angst etc felt by the characters strikes a chord with many adults/teens, myself included..
that’s why I really take my hats off to J.K.Rowling for plotting a spell binding epic which spans over a decade to reach its finale, and along the way, enchanted the hearts of millions of children in their growing up years… Epics, be it movies or literary works or icons like Jordan in basketball, Pele in football or now Harry Potter in the children’s world don’t come easily, so we got to treasure it when it comes along :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment