BESIKTAS 2-1 LIVERPOOL
25/10,S'pore Time,Champions League Group Phase
TEAM LINEUP :
Reina
Finnan/Hyypia/Carragher/Riise
Pennant/Mascherano/Gerrard/Babel
Kuyt/Voronin
Remember I said we had a mountain to climb in our CL Group Stage after 2 games? well, we are now clinging on to our dear lives on the steepest cliff that we can imagine after this morning's away defeat to Besiktas..
Besiktas's opening goal at 13th min came off 2 deflections from Finnan and then Hyypia after Carra had tried to clear the ball.. for the second time in four days, Hyypia was an unwitting villain, diverting into his own net..Liverpool fans' heart had broken but I can't help but feel sad for the big Finn also :( we missed the presence, coolness and pace of Agger in central defence badly..
We had 28 attempts at goal..but I think most aren't very clear cut chances.. we were pushing and pushing while the home side played us on the counter attack, we conceded the 2nd goal on 82min after we lost the ball and it was a real blow..it was such a pity as we managed to pull one back with Gerrard's fantastic header 3 mins later...
This was really a night to forget for the Liverpool fans, but the atmosphere was electrifying.. The boisterous Besiktas support formed by the hardcore 'Carsi' section of the home crowd is loud and intimidating..It was said that they had the loudest recorded noise at a football match two years ago when reaching the 132 decibel level in a derby against Fenerbahce and breaking the previous record held by Liverpool fans.
My heart goes out to my friend, Eric, who was at the Inonu Stadium for his first ever live game to watch his beloved Reds..it was a great European night but I think he would rather exchange that for all 3 points in the bag for Liverpool..I know how sad, disappointed and angry he must had felt,its like you want to savour the 1st time experience of watching your favourite team, but the thought of the defeat will sting you like a bee..I had that terrible feeling after watching Liverpool dominated the game but lost to a last minute goal to the maniacs in Anfield this March, its really sad :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for the wonderful msg Ting Ting! Yeah .. we do have something in common! Each of us have the 'distintive' honour of seeing our beloved liverpool lost in our first live match. Singapore friendly match not included. I am over that now. Just want all the injuries problem to be over soon! YNWA! Eric
Post a Comment