Monday, November 19, 2007

keeping simple

Ever wondered why people always go back to the old familiar things, people, environment ? is it because we are sentimental or is it because of insecurity? familiarity gives us a cocoon to wrap ourselves in, its safe and there's no risks of hurt, or even if there is, at least we may have developed some immunity against it..

I think for me, old friends=simplicity..there's no need to extensively deliberate on what I should do, because they will understand your peculiarities, there's no need to second guess their actions because they are who they are..

I like the simplicity in friends where we can casually suggest places to go and things to do and then we just do it..

I like the simplicity in friends where he or she is just a phone call or sms or msn away..

I like the simplicity of friends where I can suddenly pop a question, be it crazy, or stupid or serious or funny and then get a response..

I know I had missed out a lot on friends and all the lovely things which i could have enjoyed and also bring to my friends.. the friendships which I could have developed further are sometimes mellowed because I couldn't accord the time and energy to cultivate it.. the so called simplicity in friendship which I yearned for is at times out of my reach because of my studies, family commitments, family's protection and control and now my work commitments..

I tried to get to know my newer friends and in a way, trying to compensate for whatever I could have missed out when I'm younger..but having new friends is not all that simple.. some friends had been saying I should work less harder, get a life and enjoy, but cold water is at times poured on me when I decided to come out of my shell and initiate things to do.. don't underestimate organizing small gatherings, it can be frustratingly difficult..

I love my old friends..they may not be with me 24/7 or I may even see them once in a blue moon, but if they ask me and I can make it, even if its just meet at the kopitiam for a drink, I'll be up for it, simple as that.. no need to consider so many things, like did I ask the right people to join, did I ask in a correct way , must I ask a group of pple to go or can I just ask one person to meet etc etc..

Should I just turn to doing things alone again? frankly, I'm not afraid to do things alone, but I will be extremely happy to share some moments with friends.. I take pride in that if I want and offer to spend my time with someone or a group of pple, means I really treat he/she as a friend sincerely and with great appreciation, I feel he/she is worth it and I will enjoy his/her company, really,its as simple as that, 1+2=3, not some complex algebra. I enjoy simple things and I hope I can bring simple enjoyment to my friends. Hopefully, with some more effort, I will get that appreciation back :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why so cheam? Still need to think whether to ask one person or ask the whole gang out?

Alamak... I am just a phone call away (though my hp battery is always running low).. =Þ

Tingting said...

not cheam la, i'm juz a simple gal, for me I chin chye wan, but things around us can be complicated at times :)

u know me la,if i like the friends, i will treat them with enthusiasm and sincerity, its not any tom, dick or harry on the streets who i will anyhow bother abt hor :P

If i call u and ur last bar of battery runs flat, dun blame me hor keke

Anonymous said...

Aiyoyoh! my dear ting, my hp always on full bar cos always at home charging hahahah you can also give me an sms or call anytime. I have a tv room with a sofa bed hehehe if you dun mind, can just come and chill.

hotchoc ah, we must all meet up when u n jo come back ah hehe