** on the plane, look at my panda eyes & eye bags @_@ **
** jy who was excited abt the BKK trip, posing with our sweet babe phoebe ;) **
** tried to take pics as we walked but gave up cos my hands were busy wiping my dripping sweat & its hard to get a good pic as we were walking quite fast ** I shall skip the mundane workshop thingy and relive my stay in BKK :P It was pretty tiring after we touched down in BKK, having worked a full day and it was around 12 midnight already (look at our panda eyes and eye bags in the pictures heheh), I was really tempted to go straight to bed but luckily the persistence of my colleagues managed to pulled me out of laziness and not waste the night :)
We took a cab from Bangkok Palace Hotel (100 baht) and went to Suan Lum Night Bazaar, there were 3 gals (carina,adelyn and me) and 2 guys (teck and jenyaw) and we managed to squeezed into the cab :) We wanted to see the live band at the market but it was closed by the time we reached there. Luckily for us, abt 1/3 of the stalls were still open and I opened my shopping account and bought a tee shirt with beads embroidery for my sis and it cost me only 130 baht which is $5++ ;)
Then we took a walk and found a nice restaurant, sat outside and had some beer and french fries before we headed home.. oh yah, Chang Beer actually tasted not bad at all, definitely better then our Tiger Beer keke..
Glad we went Suan Lam because I heard the market is presently under threat of demolition, so the next time I go back BKK, it might be gone for all I know ..
That's a pretty relaxing and nice way to kickstart the stay in BKK, but the next day's itinerary is much more punishing, especially on our legs haha :P As I have no sense of direction, I'm really glad to stick with a few seasoned BKK shoppers keke. There were 7 of us, so we the 7 fairies (as I called the group *LOL*), kwee lan, celeste, kim, linda, mavis, phoebe and me started our shopping track from Pratunam, then Platinum. I think we spent lots of time in these 2 places and the doting mums in the group were very engrossed in buying clothings for their kids :D I'm glad I bought a pair of super comfortable slipper there, if not, I wouldn't be able to survive the amount of walking subsequently kekek :)

The next stop was Isetan and that was the place where we gals were like bees attracted to honey cos it meant we were gonna spend most of our budget buying underwear, morever we were lucky as there was a 20% discount promotion kekek ;) It was time consuming in picking the right stuff and as the sky's getting darker and some of them wanna go Big C (sort of like Giant Hypermart in Spore) so we split up and met up there.
From Big C, we still gotta go Mah Boon Krong (MBK) which is the final destination of the day and have our dinner. We decided not to take cab as we figured it might take longer if we were caught in a jam, so we started walking, but it was really a LONG walk and it almost felt like never ending as we walked and climbed overhead bridges.. With the sizzling hot weather, I was literally wet and soaked in perspiration when we finally reached MBK -_-`
We ended the night with a nice dessert of ice ceam fondue at Swensens, it was very worth it as we had 9 scoops of ice cream plus fruits and waffles *yummy* for not more then $15 :D But the only blemish of the night was that my colleague lost one of her shopping bags in Swensens and we really felt sad for her, we shouldn't have left shopping bags on the floor and it was really a lesson learnt *hugz bebe*

I woke up next morning and decided not to miss Chatuchak, even though we only have around 3 hours of spare time before we checked out. So 5 of us (mavis,chew huey,kim, jenyaw and me) took a cab and went Chatuchak for last minute shopping. As I didn't have much money left (I kept strictly to my budget and spent most of it on underwear kekeke), my main purpose is to find the liverpool jersey which I promised to get for my friend. I was so happy when jy managed to find it and its not a wasted trip after all hehee :)
I saw many things at Chatuchak which I would like to buy for friends and I kinda regretted not increasing my budget a bit more, I also dun have enough to buy my favourite earrings :( but its ok, I think I'll go back BKK again and do a proper planning of what to buy next time haha ;)



1 comment:
Glad you had fun at Bangkok... Ya.. It's really hot and wind-less if you go during the middle of the year... tsk tsk tsk..
So u now got a full range of undies collection... ^_~
Post a Comment