Say no to unneccessary plastic bags, that's what I have started to do. I've made a conscious effort to avoid using plastic bags when I buy things or recycle whenever possible. I know what I'm doing is a very small effort in conservation or saving the environment but at least I have started to do something.
These are some of the things which I have started to do and I hope many of you will also try to make an effort, its not really difficult :)
1. when buying food from canteen, if I can hold the packet rice in my hands, I will not ask for a plastic bag
2. don't ask for plastic cutlery
3. if I'm buying a few items, place them all in one plastic bag instead of using one bag for one item
4. re-use and bring along plastic bag or other recyle bags
5. if you really need to have canned drinks, don't ask for plastic cups, its not much different to drink from the can
In fact, it will be even better if we can bring our own containers when buying food or use recyled bags whenever possible. I know its kinda difficult to bring your own container to buy food, people might cast strange looks at you and it really needs some determination to start doing. I have not done it yet and hopefully I will start doing it myself :)
Right now, start by using less plastic bags or styrofoam products okie ? Our earth will be eternally grateful :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Waa sia... So green ne.. =P
Post a Comment